Freeciv is a Free and Open Source empire-building strategy game inspired by the history of human civilization. The game commences in prehistory and your mission is to lead your tribe from the Stone Age to the Space Age. Freeciv can be played online in your web-browser for free. Choose how you want to play:
Let's Play FreeCiv | 32 Nation Large World Map
NeptunesNookGames has created an awesome Freeciv-web Tutorial, as well as Let's Play Freeciv video on Youtube.
Latest news from Blog:
HTML5 browser game
Freeciv-web can be played online using a desktop computer, mobile phone or tablet. Freeciv-web has been optimized for the iPhone on mobile and modern HTML5 browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Internet Explorer.
Free strategy game with these features
- Playable for free in your HTML5 capable browser, mobile or tablet
- Isometric 2d graphics
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) computer-controlled players.
- History lessons from Wikipedia of all technologies, units and buildings.
- More than 50 playable units and 541 nations.
- Full Fog of War
- Freeciv is open source software released under the GNU General Public License