Freeciv is a Free and Open Source empire-building strategy game inspired by the history of human civilization. The game commences in prehistory and your mission is to lead your tribe from the Stone Age to the Space Age. Freeciv can be played online in your web-browser for free.
Tutorial video for Freeciv-web!
Nookrium has created an awesome Freeciv-web Tutorial, as well as Let's Play Freeciv video on Youtube.
Top 5 ranked players:
Latest news from Blog:
singleplayer games and multiplayer games.Total number of singleplayer and multiplayer games played for all players globally since 20th February 2016
The Art of Freeciv-webThe Art of Freeciv-web is a great guide to the strategy and tactics of the game. Read more here.
HTML5 browser game
Freeciv-web can be played online using a desktop computer, mobile phone or tablet. Freeciv-web has been optimized for the iPhone on mobile and modern HTML5 browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Internet Explorer.
Feedback or suggestions?Your feedback about Freeciv-web is very useful to improving the game! Please write about the most important thing that you would like to be improved in the next version of Freeciv-web here:
Free strategy game with these features
- Playable for free in your HTML5 capable browser, mobile or tablet
- Isometric 2d graphics
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) computer-controlled players.
- History lessons from Wikipedia of all technologies, units and buildings.
- More than 50 playable units and 541 nations.
- Full Fog of War
- Freeciv is open source software released under the GNU General Public License